15th International Human Resource Management Conference
June 13th – 15th, 2018
Managing People in a Changing Global Environment
On behalf of the Organising Committee in the Department of Business Administration at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, I should like to invite you to join a distinguished, international community of HR academics and researchers as they convene in a lively and cosmopolitan Madrid for the 15th meeting of the International Human Resource Management Conference (IHRM 2018).
The conference provides an arena for:
- Discussing the latest research in HR
- Sharing insights on how to put research into practice
- Expanding a professional network to include new international collaborations
We will be welcoming the following keynote speakers (in alphabetical order):
- Chris Brewster. Professor of International Human Resource Management at Henley Business School, University of Reading, UK, and at Nijmegen University in the Netherlands.
- Paula Caligiuri. Distinguished Professor of International Business and Strategy at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Luis Gómez-Mejía. Professor of Management at Arizona State University in Phoenix, Arizona, and Doctor Honoris Causa at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid in Spain.
- Margaret Shaffer. Michael F. Price Chair in International Business Professor of Management at the University of Oklahoma.
We invite submissions on any topic pertaining to HR management, which should be identified for inclusion in only one of the following tracks:
- Expatriation and International Mobility
- HRM in Multinational Companies
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Comparative HR and Varieties of Capitalism
- Global Talent Management
- Workforce Participation
- Social Networks
- Diversity Management
- International HR Practices
We welcome submissions covering conceptual, theoretical and empirical investigations that adopt different methodologies and highlight the context-specific nature of IHRM.
At your discretion, we invite you to submit one (or two) of the following:
- Extended abstracts of papers (up to 1000 words). Please include the theoretical or empirical background, research question and/or objectives, methodology, and (anticipated) implications or outcomes. Detailed guidelines for the submission.
- Proposal for a symposium. A session is organized as a presenter symposium. Please read the detailed guidelines for the submissions.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed before 15th February 2018. Each submission is to be original, and should not have been previously accepted for publication in a journal. It should include each author’s name, affiliation, and email, as well as the corresponding track. Please note that the authors of the selected proposals to submit the full paper by 15th May 2018.
Professor Jaime Bonache
Deadline for all submissions 15th December 2017 Extended: 31st December 2017
Acceptance/rejection letter: 15th February 2018
Registration deadline for presenters: 2nd Abril 2018
Conference begins: 13th June 2018